2 pints strawberries, hulled and quartered lengthwise or 1 1/2 bags (14 oz each) Cascadian Farm® frozen organic strawberries, thawed and quartered
2 cups fresh or frozen and thawed rhubarb (cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
1 to 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca or 1/2 to 1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup whole grain pastry flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons no-trans-fat 68% vegetable oil spread stick or butter
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- In a 2-quart baking dish, stir together strawberries, rhubarb, tapioca, ginger, 1/2 cup of the sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon.
- Spread fruit mixture level
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Cut in margarine until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Stir in oats until combined.
- Drizzle honey over oat; stir until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over fruit in an even layer.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.