Mrs. Thimijan (Leah’s Pre-School teacher)
2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
4 cups quick oats
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375.
- Coat 9 X 13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter on medium-high speed until fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and beat in milk, then flour mixture.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut into squares.