1/2 cup sugar
2 T. water
4 medium apples, peeled and chopped
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ginger
1 t. lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, heat sugar and water over medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in apples; cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring several times
- Stir in cranberries; cook and stir for about 89 minutes or until cranberries begin to pop.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until apples are tender.
- Add cinnamon, ginger, and lemon juice.
- Cook and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mash the mixture to desired consistency. (I used the pampered chef mini whipper to do this.)