Lisa Stueber – Myrtle Beach recipe
3 cups milk
4 tsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla (yes, that’s a second tsp)
1/2 cup confectionary sugar
1 loaf of french bread, 1” thick slices.
- Beat the eggs, milk, sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese, the other 1 tsp vanilla, and confectionary sugar.
- Arrange buttered bread slices in 9×13 pan.
- Cut out a circle in each slice and spoon a dollop of cream cheese mix into it.
- Pour egg mixture over the top and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.
May be topped with fresh fruit or maple syrup.