1 16 oz pizza dough
1/4 cup snipped fresh basil leaves
2 plum tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 egg white
2 T. grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Prepare pizza dough
- Snip basil and slice tomatoes
- Roll dough onto rectangle stone or baking sheet
- Cut sides of dough into strips about 1 1/2 inches wide and 3 inches long
- Sprinkle half of basil and mozzarella.
- Arrange tomatoes and season with salt.
- Sprinkle remaining basil and mozzarella.
- Braid the strips of dough across top of filling.
- Brush with egg white.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425 for 20-23 minutes.