1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
5 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
1/2 cup cold butter
1-1/2 cups sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, confectioners’ sugar and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pat into a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs, sugar, baking powder and remaining flour.
- Fold in rhubarb and spread over crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.
This is a great recipe to make in the summer. I have a rhubarb plant in my backyard, so I always harvest some fresh stalks and help my Grandma make some of this when my Grandparents visit in the summer.