Sara Ernstmeyer (Lincoln Friend)
1 1/2 lbs. shredded or thinly sliced ham
1/2 lb. sliced baby swiss cheese
12 small hamburger or hoagie buns
1 1/2 sticks melted butter
3 T prepared mustard
3 T grated onion (I used dry chopped onion)
1 1/2 T poppy-seed
- Mix butter, mustard, poppy-seed, onion.
- Place a generous amount of ham on half of the bun.
- Top with slice of swiss cheese.
- Divide butter mixture evenly over all the sandwiches.
- Place the top half of the bun over the butter mixture.
- Wrap each bun in foil.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Bake on baking sheet at 350 for about 20 minutes.