Angie Roberts (Lincoln Friend)
1 teaspoon oil
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
2/3 cup white basmati rice
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 lime, juiced (please use the real thing here it is so much better)
- In a saucepan, heat oil until hot
- Add rice and stir for 1 minute, you are basically frying the rice in this step.
- Add lime juice, stir for 1 minute more.
- Add water and salt, bring to a boil
- Cover and turn down to simmer until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 18-20 minutes. Do not over cook this or it gets mushy.
- Add in the cilantro, stir, and serve