Suzanne Tomashewsky (Matt’s cousin’s wife)
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin (not pumpkin filling)
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 (18.25 oz) box yellow cake mix
6 ounces melted butter (3/4 cup) (regular salted)
1 c. chopped pecans
Vanilla Ice Cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (If using a glass dish, preheat to 325 degrees F)
- Spray 9×13 metal pan or glass dish with cooking spray.
- Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl.
- Pour into a pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over the top.
- Pour butter over the cake mix
- Sprinkle pecans all over the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely
- Cut into squares and serve with a scoop of ice cream.