From Rachel Green
6 slices day old Crusty Italian Pane Bread, sliced ½ inch thick
1-2 ripe bananas
½ cup PB Loco Jungle Banana Peanut Butter
¼ c. half and half
1 T. vanilla
½ tsp. vanilla
¼ tsp. nutmeg
1 ½ cups crushed Corn Flakes (food processor works best)
Unsalted butter, for frying
Maple Syrup for topping
1 pint strawberries, slices
- Spread each slice of bread with peanut butter.
- Slice bananas over 3 of the pieces of bread.
- Assemble slices into 3 sandwiches.
- In a medium mixing bowl or shallow pie plate, whisk together eggs, half and half, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour corn flakes into shallow pie plate.
- Preheat skillet over medium high heat.
- Dip each sandwich into egg mixture and then dredge in corn flakes.
- Put 1 T. butter in pan (it should sizzle).
- Brown French toast in butter (3-4 minutes per side) until golden brown and crispy.
- Cut diagonally and serve with maple syrup and sliced strawberries.
(For the 2 loaves of French bread that we used, it took a whole small box of honey Corn Flakes, and we approx. tripled the liquid recipe)